Friday, January 18, 2008

A mail after a real long time .......

Dear Friends ….

It’s been a real long time since I wrote to you all…..

I know – a lot of people have told me that they liked to read my long mails (it was also irritating to some, so they only skimmed through my chatter), some have even stored it in their archives and refer to it once in a while. And many even ask me the reason why they haven’t received any updates in the recent past.


Seems strange but when I tried to answer the same question, I realized that probably the reason why I used to write those mailers was just to share my thoughts will all you wonderful people. That’s also because there wasn’t anyone with whom I could share it in person. The logic is quite justified since the mails simply stopped after my Marriage – I had found a partner with whom I could share all my trash ideas and the thoughts – someone who has been there continuously, listening to me and my crazy ideas, my constant companion - that’s my Wife !!!


For those who came in late (a line borrowed from Indrajal comics – remember Mandrake, Phantom), I have been writing a lot of my mails in the long lost past – sharing my experiences and comments on:

Life pre-Marriage, that included my Love antics, My courtship, post-engagement stuff
The Marriage function – still sends shivers down my spine, when I read about the experience
Post Marriage – a brief mail sent 6 months post-marriage

It also reminds me about one of the reply mailers sent my Senior Colleague from School Alumni – John Neelankavil, which read:

<< Hi Sandeep, Welcome to the 'married' men club. You will be invited for the second level initiation ceremony soon, normally after you complete two years of wedded life:-) Beneath it all, it is evident that you are in bliss as of now, (although the term "opposite partner" creeps into your lexicon already while you allude to your wife). Keep it up !! (no pun intended). I am aware that "rising to the occasion" and 'life has ups and downs" will have acquired new meaning for you. Screeeeaaaam when you need help, it is a good method to test your reflexes and also it will earn you the invite for the second level sooner .... >>


Hey John: Hope the invite for the second level initiation is ready – I have actually completed 3 years of Marriage!!!!


Just to summarize for the benefit of all those who are yet to be Married – Please do so, you will not realise what you are missing ……………………….. And by the time you realize, it would be too late !!!!!! J Shobha – just joking (that’s my wife) !!!!


Coming back to my crazy ideas, today my mind is wavering on the concept of “CHANGES” in Life???

As the popular saying goes, the only thing constant in Life is Change.


Remember those good old days in School when the only thing you were worried about was ……..

· Catching the school bus on time … if it didn’t come on a rainy day, it probably would be a holiday !!!!

· Getting your Tiffin ready during the short & long recess (or probably early, during the class !!)

· The dreaded Homework and the remarks on the school calendar

· Exams


This was followed by the days in College – a sudden change from the controlled environment of parents and teachers. The excitement factors were:

Bunking Lectures
No more carrying School bags – a single book would suffice for all lectures
The College Days – Chocolate, Pink, Black & White, Rose Day !!!!
Of course, how can I miss – the Girlz and the first crush !!!!


This phase of Life has also given the due exposure to the teenager’s fads like ….

The Internet and the favourite sites
Mails & Chats with …..???
Online Games – for those freakos
Visiting Pubs, Discos
Magazines – Playboy, Playgirl L

… and with the present generation, these symptoms could be obvious much earlier. I remember, when I had the opportunity of attending a Xth Std Farewell program arranged in the school a couple of years back, I was surprised to see that almost everyone was holding a classy Mobile, some busy chatting on the cell, some playing games and the others sharing ring tones/ pictures, songs and videos on Blue tooth !!!!!

By this time, there is a lot of pressure building up around you:

Academic success …. Your future depends on it ??!!!
Getting admission into a good college …. Or probably even a good coaching class
The competition to get into a professional course – Doctor or an Engineer
The CET Marks

Then follows your Professional coaching – which again is a phase much similar to your School life:

Lots of friends – all maturing together. Some, friends for Life
College Festivals
The ATKT and ALL CLEAR concepts
Viva’s, Assignments and Submissions

Once you are through with this phase, the Professional arena awaits you…………..

The first Job
Your first pay check
Corporate Culture
Performance Management, Increments, Bonus and Promotions
TAT’s and Deadlines

At this time – on your personal front, you are either going through a phase of flirting, serious relationships or your parents are simply looking for a suitable match – cos it’s time for you to get Married !!


Ladka/ Ladki is of marriageable age, acha-khasa Kamane lage hain, have completed their Education – Doctor, Engineer, CA/MBA etc ….

You get Married – thinking you have achieved a Milestone in Life – probably it’s time now to settle down, enjoy some peaceful time at home with your family and your partner.


But, don’t get surprised the very next day if there are relatives and friends clobbering you – When are you giving the Good News ??

That’s Life for you, you achieve a milestone and there is another one just waiting for you round the corner ………

Kids
School Admission
Tutions, School Fees ………. Etc

Personally, my Life has undergone a lot of changes since the last time I wrote to you all ……..

Presently in my 2nd year of PT-MBA from NMIMS (HRM Specialization). Yes, that’s going to be surprise for a lot of people who remember me last doing my BE (Mechanical) at KJ Somaiya, Mumbai. Had a job change – from MGL (Mahanagar Gas Ltd, approx. 7 ½ years) to my new assignment at TATA AIG Life
Trying to Balance the various fronts – Office, College, Parents, Wife, Friends etc

Let me park my story at this point …….. the future is interesting – waiting for it to unfold !!!

So till the next time we meet …….. Adios Amigos ……….. and please do write back as per convenience.

As always, it’s going to be a pleasure to read your replies and also an update on the things happening in your lives as well!!!!!

Sandeep Narayan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Sandy...Prashant Sangoi here frmo the telecom 2000 batch ...nice to read your mail ....I would also remember the days we used to play Badminton ...how lucky we were to have a badminton court in college building.....

Aravindan said...

Hi Sandy,
This is Aravind rangarajan from kjsce... how r u?